Whether you are a new blogger or a more experienced blogger, I’m sure you’ll have noticed that there are a TON of free blog courses available for you to take. The question is – what is worth your time?
I’ve been blogging now for almost 4 years and have taken my share of courses. Some have been stellar and others, not so much.
Your time is valuable so I am sharing my top recommended FREE courses and training you can take as a blogger or online business.
The blogging courses I’m recommending cover the following topics:
- How to start a blog
- Becoming an authority in your niche
- Skills to grow your business
- How to drive traffic
- SEO for beginners
- Pinterest and Google SEO strategies
- How to legally protect your website and business
- Graphic design basics
As I discover more free courses and online training I will update this article.Want to uplevel your blogging skills this year? Check out my fave FREE blogging courses (that are actually worth your time)! #bloggingtips Click To Tweet
How Can Free Blogging Courses Help You?!
Free definitely does not mean low quality, so trust me when I say there are some extremely high-value free blogging courses and training out there.
The below free courses will give you some good foundations on a variety of topics that will truly help you grow your blog.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only share products and services I have personally used and love. Disclosure here.
8 Free Blogging Courses For You To Try in 2021
1. Blogging for New Bloggers – Fast Track
Free 5 day email course showing you exactly how to start a new blog. You will learn:
- How to define your niche and choose the right domain
- How to set up your blog the right way
- How to write valuable and shareable content
- Effective ways to drive traffic to your blog
- Effective SEO strategies for new bloggers
- Effective Pinterest strategies for new bloggers
- How to grow your email list
- Different ways to monetize your blog
- Access to a private Facebook Group for New Bloggers
Sign up for Fast Track To Blogging here.
Related: How To Make Money Blogging – Tips For Beginners
2. Niche Authority Hacker
This course comes to you from Chelsey Clarke @HerPaperRoute. Chelsey teaches you how to brand yourself as an authority in your niche.
What you’ll learn:
- How to brand your business in a professional manner
- How to build your niche authority with actionable steps
- How to create brand consistency
- The 5 components of a memorable brand
- Creating a clear blueprint to reach your business goals
- Costly branding mistakes to avoid
Sign up to Niche Authority Hacker here.
3. SEO Bootcamp: Free Video Training for Beginners
Mike Pearson, the creator of Stupid Simple SEO has an introductory video series you can watch for free!
SEO Bootcamp Course Agenda:
Enroll in the SEO Bootcamp now!
4. “Legally Blogs” – Legal Course for Bloggers
There is more involved than you think when it comes to protecting your blog, your content and your business. This free legal course teaches you:
- Why you need to take care of the legal side of blogging
- Your legal requirements as a blogger
- The difference between LLCs and Sole Proprietorships
- What’s copyright and how to protect your content
- About the legal pages you must have on your blog
- What GDPR is and what you need to do to comply
- How to keep track of your income and taxes
- And a lot more!
Sign up for Legally Blogs here.
5. Skillshare – 2 months Free
I recently signed up for Skillshare and am astounded by all of the courses they offer. I don’t know about you but as an online entrepreneur, I have A LOT of goals and new skills I want to learn.
Skillshare offers courses in everything from:
- Improving my PhotoShop Skills
- Publishing a book
- Web development
- Freelance and Entrepreneurship
- Graphic Design
The list goes on!
The 2 free weeks of Skillshare gives you access to the premium membership. This includes all classes on the site which are project-focused and provide current resources and tools.
Sign up for your 2 free weeks of Skillshare now!
6. Traffic & Monetization 5 Day Mini Challenge
A traffic and monetization challenge from pro blogger, Lena Gott. You’ll get five days of simple tasks to increase your traffic & income! It takes just 15 minutes a day and you’ll come out with tips you can implement to make an impact.
- DAY 1: An overly complicated traffic strategy confuses your readers. Learn how to SIMPLIFY and get more traffic as a result.
- DAY 2: Find out how to easily implement INCOME PATHWAYS on your blog to increase income from the traffic you already have.
- DAY 3: Your CALLS TO ACTION can make or break you in the online world. Learn what to say and what NOT to say to encourage your visitors to take action. You’ll really love this one!
- DAY 4: You can use keyword research to find HIDDEN NICHES that no one else is targeting. Low competition = more traffic for you! This is a super simple SEO concept that we will walk through step-by-step.
- DAY 5: Today’s lesson is all about the ONE METRIC you can track to increase your income. Knowing this number makes a world of difference to your income!
Sign up to the 5 Day Traffic & Monetization Mini Challenge here.
7. Adventures in SEO: Free Trial
Adventures in SEO is a course I took a couple of years ago and this helped me get into the MediaVine Ad Network, which you need 50K sessions a month to apply. Lena’s tips have also substantially grown my organic search traffic for my lifestyle site, which continues to grow month over month.
You can check out Lena’s teaching style with this free trial, which includes:
- 3 Pinterest lessons from Module 5 of Adventures in SEO
- 1-hour long Google SEO training video
Sign up to Adventures in SEO free trial here.
8. Free Design Training
This 30-minute free video training from Kristin at Apple Cart Lane Design will teach you basic design fundamentals.
- Why starting out with a plan for your graphics is an absolute must if you want yo avoid “blank canvas syndrome”
Sign up for your Free Design Training here.
More Free Blogging Tools & Resources
- Canva Pro 30-Day Free Trial: Try out all the new features to uplevel your designs. Access Free Trial.
- Free Pinterest Templates: Edit these templates in Canva to fully customize for your brand/content. Sign up Here.
- Best Free Stock Photo Sites: These are the stock photo sites I love the most. Access Here.
- Free Tailwind Trial: Access Tailwind Communities to increase engagement on your pins. Try for Free!
- SmarterQueque Social Media Scheduler: Get an extended free trial and plan all your posts for the month! Sign Up Here.
Conclusion: What is the Best Free Blogger Course For You?
The answer to this question will honestly differ depending on a couple of things:
Where you are in your blogging journey. Beginner, experienced or advanced.
What your current goals are when it comes to blogging. For example, if you want traffic: Mike Pearson’s SEO Bootcamp, plus Lena’s Traffic & Monetization Challenge and Adventures in SEO free trial may be your best option to start.
Or if you want to learn how to launch your own podcast or start an Etsy shop, Skillshare will be best for you.
>> My recommendation is to think about your #1 goal right now and sign up for the course that helps you reach this goal.
Have You Tried Any of These Free Blogging Courses? What did you think?!
Share in the comments below…
Related Blogging Tips & Resources:
- The Ultimate List of Blogging Resources
- Blogging Tips for Beginners + 8 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid
- How To Blog Legally – Tips from a Lawyer Who Blogs
- Increase Traffic with Pinterest SEO
- 15 Types of Blog Posts to Grow Your Website Traffic
Let’s connect on social media!
Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook
Thanks! I appreciate every single share 🙂