Been thinking about starting a blog? You’ve come to the right place!
Join my How to Start a Blog – free course.
Every day for 5 days you’ll get an email with specific instructions on how to start a WordPress blog. You’ll have a self-hosted blog set up and ready to go in just 5 days!
How to Start a Blog: Here’s what the 5 days look like…
Day 1: Let’s Start A Blog!
- Choosing a Niche
- Deciding on a domain name and registering your domain
- Setting up WordPress hosting
Day 2: Getting Visual
- Selecting a WordPress theme (template)
- Installing Your WordPress theme
- Image sizes
- How to create a logo
Day 3: Dot Your I’s and Cross Your T’s
- Setting up legal pages
- Setting up your link structure
- Setting up Google Analytics & Google Search Console
Day 4: Connecting Your Social Channels
- Securing your social profiles
- Deciding on what social channel(s) to focus on
- Set up simple social icons plugin
Day 5: Content Planning & Writing!
- Who’s your target audience?
- Determine your core content pillars
- Writing your about page
- How to generate blog post ideas
- Tips for writing your first posts
This free blogging course is extensive. The reason I cover so much, is I want you to be successful.
Setting up a blog can be a good amount of work (so beware of those posts you see that say you can set up a blog in 30 minutes) – this is 100% false.
Sure, I bet you could set up a really bad blog in 30 minutes that no one will visit, but who wants that?!
So, this step-by-step course is not designed to start a blog – it’s designed to set up a SUCCESSFUL BLOG that you will be proud of promoting.
With these foundations laid, you can use your blog as a creative outlet, as a side income, and even a full-time income if this is your goal.
Sign up below to get access to the Free Start a Blog course!
Why Start a WordPress Blog?
Yes, there are other blogging platforms out there, however, WordPress.org is the easiest, more affordable to use. Here’s why it’s your best choice:
- The majority of bloggers use WordPress and those who don’t often switch over.
- It’s free! Apart from the initial setup of your host using the WordPress dashboard is always free.
- Thousands of free plugins to customize your site functionality – this means no coding needed!
- Due to WordPress’s popularity, there are loads of tutorials on the internet. This makes it even easier to use.
- WordPress easily connects to all 3rd party tools such as social media, email marketing providers, Shopify, etc.