Want to be a more productive blogger, online business owner or entrepreneur?
Today I’m sharing my go-to tools I use to be a more productive blogger and online entrepreneur, so I can make sure I’m being efficient with my time while growing my business.
If there’s one thing we all have in common as bloggers and small businesses is we wear a lot of different hats!
This means that we are:
- Content creators
- Online marketers
What does this mean about us?!
It can be HARD to balance everything! So, today I want to share some valuable tools I use to stay focused, productive and move my blogs and business forward.
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure here.
7 Tools To Be a More Productive Blogger & Online Business
Want to be a more productive blogger or online business? Try these 7 tools that dramatically improve your productivity! #bloggingtips #bloggingresources Click To Tweet
Before I go into details on my favourite blogging tools that save me time and help me be a more productive blogger and online business owner, I want to share that I have some amazing freebies for you in this post!
Check each of the tools below and if they aren’t already free I’m sharing with you my referral links so you can get a free trial. Enjoy!
Let’s get started!
My all-time favourite tools to be a more productive blogger & online business owner!
SmarterQueue is my social media scheduler of choice. I personally use it for Facebook but it also supports Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
There are many free social media schedulers out there, but the reason I pay for Smarterqueue is it saves me loads of time – and time is money.
I love the capability to fully automate your posting schedule and get the customized insights to see what’s resonating with your audience.
I personally set up 6 months worth of Facebook content in just 2 hours!
What’s great is you can quickly add variation text and different images to a post so each time it posts over time it looks like completely new content.
You can quickly :
- Pull images directly from your blog post through the Smarterqueue tool
- Grab related GIFs and images
- Upload video
- and much more
This is a time-saving resource I could not live without when it comes to managing my own Facebook accounts and client accounts.
Check it out for yourself and get a 30 Day FREE Trial with my link. (That’s double the length of the normal free trial which is 14 days)!
2. Social Media Content Calendar
This social media calendar from Angie Gensler saves SO much time!
If you ever get stuck trying to figure out what to post on social media, this detailed content calendar is a massive help.
- Daily post ideas planned out for you in a proven-to-work system for social media marketing
- 87 unique and easy-to-create post ideas
- 52 questions to increase engagement
- 52 inspiring quotes to increase likes
Using Tailwind goes without saying. The reason I will always use Tailwind’s premium features is it literally saves me hours every week.
I can set up pins in my schedule and my content publishes throughout the week which I’m doing other things like working on client projects or getting some much-needed downtime.
I manage my two Pinterest accounts + client accounts with Tailwind and there are so many beneficial features I love…
- Tailwind Tribes so others can constantly repin my content which directly growths my reach/impressions, saves and clicks to my websites
- Tailwind Insights which shares valuable data on my board performance, top performing pins and even top keywords that convert.
- Scheduling pins at the most optimal times based on performance
- Board lists to make scheduling super fast
If you have yet to try Tailwind you can get a free month here!
Have a specific question about Tailwind? Ask me anything in the comments below 🙂
4. Motivational Podcast
Sometimes the best tools for productivity are to step away from your laptop and take a break. When I do this I love listening to the I’m Busy Being Awesome podcast. Paula (the host) is a master of all things productivity but where she really helps me is getting my motivation going.
Paula tackles all kinds of topics (goal setting, mindset, productivity, time management, etc) that help with personal and professional development. She drops a new episode every Monday, so check it out and let me know what you think 🙂
Paula also has an amazing FREE motivation training she just launched. Make sure to sign up here >> Mastering Your Motivation – free training.
I started using Trello earlier this year and I completely fell in love with it! Here is a screenshot of my current boards. As you can see below, I keep track of multiple things in my boards:
- Editorial calendar and content ideas
- Daily plan/to-do list
- Weekly schedule
- Client projects
- Pins to design
- Bloggers I’m inspired by
- The best Facebook group threads
- and much more
The possibilities are endless with Trello. It’s actually the first to-do list/project management tool I’ve used that I truly love and have continued with.
If you haven’t tried Trello yet, it’s free so check it out!
Also, catch this Trello video below from Jessica Stansberry to see Trello in action!
6. Canva Pro
I personally love Canva Pro as it helps me keep track of my graphics for various pieces of my business. Features I couldn’t live without:
- Premium photos, icons & illustrations with great search filters so you can quickly find exactly what you’re searching for.
- Premium fonts – over 1000 to choose from!
- Brand kit – this is where I have the fonts and hex codes for all of the brands I work on. Doing this saves loads of time!
- Customizable folders where you can keep everything in order for various projects, clients, etc.
Check out this Canva blog post where I walk through the differences of the free version of Canva vs. Canva Pro and share even more details on my favourite features.
If you haven’t used Canva Pro before you can sign up for a free trial here!
Toggl is a great tool to help you manage your time.
I specifically use Toggl when working on client projects. This way I can see how much time I am putting towards specific tasks.
This helps me determine how to price client work and also lets me see where my time is going.
Toggl is also ideal if you want to take a look at your overall productivity. Understanding where your time is going in general will help you make smart decisions about how to use your time more wisely.
For example: If you discover you’re spending loads of time on Instagram each week, but it’s not generating the results you want, you can then think about how to change your weekly Instagram strategy. This way you can decide how to improve your results or even start focusing on a different social media platform.
Want to save time on all your blogging tasks? Check out my top productivity tools I use to save my time and sanity! #productivity #bloggingtips Click To Tweet
Additional Tips To Be a More Productive Blogger & Business:
- Create a schedule for your week and stick to it! This is where Trello comes in handy.
- Time block. Try time blocking important tasks. Set a timer and get to work.
- Repurpose your content which is a great way to have more content to publish on social media. Here are some great content ideas for Facebook.
- Update older posts. If you’re lacking time to create new blog content update older blog posts instead. This means updating images, copy and making your posts more SEO friendly. You can even change the headline. Once complete make sure to change the publish date so it looks new on your blog! (This is a trick many established bloggers use to keep their content fresh).
- Use Graphic Templates. Either create your own or there are many places to purchase them. Check out these time-saving Pinterest templates in my shop!
What Tools or Tips Do You Use To Help You Be a More Productive Blogger or Online Business?
Share in the comments below!
Related Blogging Resources To Save You Time:
- 100 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas To Attract Loyal Readers
- 15 Types of Blog Posts to Grow Your Website Traffic
- The Ultimate List of Blogging Resources: Free tools, courses, plugins & more!
- 10 Examples of Facebook Posts to Share on Your Business Page
- Best Free Blogging Courses to Grow Your Blog
- Blogging Tips for Beginners + 8 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid
Let’s connect on social media!
Thanks! I appreciate every single share 🙂